At Bollington St John's, we follow the Kapow curriculum. It is an engaging and knowledge rich curriculum, with a strong focus on ensuring pupils have repeated opportunities to recap, retrieve and build upon their learning progressively.
As a proud global school, we have adapted the Kapow curriculum to ensure our global learning remains at the forefront, incorporating opportunities for our pupils to explore the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) alongside key global days.
The curriculum is designed to help children:
- Learn the essential knowledge, skills and understanding of a broad range of curriculum subjects, with a focus on extending vocabulary
- Engage with their learning so that they remain committed to learning throughout their school careers and their lives
- Develop the personal qualities they need to be good citizens and to respond to the changes over their lifetime
- Develop a deep sense of their own nationality and culture at the same time as developing a profound respect for the nationalities and cultures of others
- As a staff and governing board we believe that curriculum helps to prepare our children for the future
Our curriculum also includes the social aspects imperative for lifelong learning and demonstrates the importance of children having high expectations of behaviour and tolerance towards each other.
We promote fluency and mastery in mathematics and English, a thirst for knowledge and enquiry skills through science, creativity in the arts and we embed British and Global Values in all areas of learning.
Please see our full Curriculum Document, covering our Intent, Implementation and Impact statements. This is available on one of our drop down pages. You will also find below the links to the National Curriculum and WhiteRose Maths Scheme, should you require any further information.